As technology advances, breakthroughs in animal care and treatment continue to happen. One of the more exciting medical breakthroughs for pets and animals is that of laser therapy. This therapy works in a variety of ways to help pets manage pain as well as heal injuries.
Three Major Benefits
Veterinarians around the world are expanding their use of laser therapy because of the many benefits that it provides.
- It helps to increase the release of endorphins. Endorphins are natural painkillers in the body
- It helps to restore proper metabolic function.
- It helps to restore tissue to its normal state by reducing inflammation.
Applications of Laser Therapy
Because of laser therapy’s ability to promote wound healing, reduce swelling and regulate pain management, its applications have increased. Some of the most common conditions that can be treated with laser therapy include:
- Bone Fractures
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Gum Disease
- Ear Infections
- Flesh Wounds
- Anal Gland Infections
- Respiratory, Urinary and GI Infections
- Viral and Bacterial Infections
- Bronchitis and Rhinitis
- Neck and Back Pain
- Post-Surgery Healing and Rehabilitation
- Tumor Control
There are many more applications for laser therapy than the ones listed above, but you can see by the sample size that this miraculous treatment can be a lifesaver for most animals. For more information on the benefits of laser therapy, call Barfield Animal Hospital at 615-217-8484.